Have high MCV increased by alcohol consumption. How long will it take to return to normal?

Question
if you have mcv increased by alcohol consumption how long does it take to return to normal after stopping drinking
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Smoking and Alcohol Addiction

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The increase in MCV due to chronic alcohol abuse is commonly seen due to associated folate and serum levels of Vitamin B12 are normal then taking Vitamin B complex supplements will bring back the MCV to near normal range in 10-12 weeks.
You can consult your physician for the blood tests to rule out the vitamin deficiencies.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.