Have high BP and diabetes. Blood tests showed high creatinine. What to do?

I have high blood pressure and diabetes. Recent blood tests have shown creatinine at 1.8 and now 2.0. At what point do I continue to monitor the situation or go see a neuphrologist?
Posted Sun, 6 Oct 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Guru 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You need see a Nephrologist as eary as possible

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

As you have both high blood pressure and diabetes you must regularly keep a watch on your kidney health. Kidney is one of the major target organ for both high blood pressure and diabetes.

Your serum creatinine levels are above the normal range. So, you need continue to monitor the situation and also need to see a Nephrologist as eary as possible. Apart from creatinine levels, a check on microalbuminuria will give a better idea in your case.

Hope I have answered your query. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Wish you good health.