Have hiatal hernia and chest pain. Get panic attacks with chest pain and indigestion. ECG normal. Suggest?

Dear doctor.

I have a hiatal hernia and I have chest pains. everytime I jave chest pains I get pannic attacks cause I will think the pain is from my heart. I also have indigestion. I cannot call an ambulance everytime I have pain. please tell me what I should do. I have done an ecg and it was normal. can it still be heart related sometimes? im 26 years old. no heart problems in the family. but I fear if it carries on like this I might make myself unhealthy with these panic attacks
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is definitely not related to your heart

Detailed Answer:

I am definitely sure that this is not related to your heart. Moreover, your ECG was normal, and you do not have a family history of heart problems. This makes it least likely for you to have a heart problem.

Hence, please be rest assured that your heart is normal These chest pains are related to hiatal hernia and the indigestion problem. Please get treated for both of these at the earliest. For hernia, surgical repair can be done if required. For indigestion you can take proton pump inhibitors like Omeprazole.

Please do not think of this as a heart problem because this will increase your panic attacks.

Stay calm and relaxed.

Hope this helps you.