Have herpes and a bad taste in mouth. It is hard to breath, have had shingles. Do I have aids?

I have herpes and I have a bad taste in my.mouth for about a year but it comes and.goes...sometimes it is hard to.breath but I thought it was I have aids or is it likely? I have had shingles and I am 28 female
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 4 hours later
thanks for the query,

AIDS results from an immune deficiency due to infection with the HIV virus. Just like herpes, HIV is sexually transmissible and can also be transmitted through contaminated sharp objects or blood transfusion. HIV is the virus and AIDS is the disease resulting from HIV infection.

Zona is an a reactivation of the viral infection with Herpes zoster and it is particularly seen when the immune system starts declining. It is usually an early opportunistic infection in AIDS and it characterizes the individual into stage 2 following WHO staging of AIDS. However, it is possible to have zona without being HIV positive.

Chronic herpes is much more common in people with reduced immune system and particularly in AIDS patients and it characterizes in the individual into stage 4 of WHO staging of AIDS.
XXXXXXX had zona and with the notion of Herpes, you definitely have to get tested for HIV infection and if its positive you will have to do CD4 count testing.

CD4 count is a measure of how the immune system has been damage by the HIV virus. In most countries, when its below 200 cells/ul, the individual is put on antiretroviral drugs. However, if your HIV test becomes positive, you will be put on treatment regardless your CD4 because you already have a stage 4 defining illness which is Herpes.

Hope this answers your query. If you have further query, i will be glad to help. If you do not have further query, you could close the discussion and rate the answer.
Best regards