Have hand weakness and having trouble. Suggest?

I suddenly have hand weakness. I'm having trouble typing this with my left hand, but it is possible.. It's been about 30 minutes and it goes no further than the hand.
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Stroke
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rush to the ER

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear Sonora XXXXXXX

Thank you for posting your query.

A sudden onset weakness in any part of the body indicates a possible stroke hence I urge you to go to the ER at the earliest to rule out a stroke.

Once you are in the ER the doctors will examine you completely and might ask you to get a CAT scan done or MRI of the brain done to see if there is any stroke.

I do not mean to frighten you, but since the reason can be quite a serious one I would not want to see you ending up severe problems later on.

Please do write back to me after you come back from the hospital to discuss the other possibilities. There are indeed more than one reason for such weakness but I would suggest you seek medical help as soon as possible.

Hope this information helps you.

Please do write back if you have any further queries.

Wishing you all the very best and good health.

Warm regards,
Dr. Yogesh.D