Have hair thinning problem. Under going treatment in homeopathy but no improvement. Had thyroid test. Findings?

Hello doctor,
Iam XXXXXXX age is 30 year female...I I have hair thinning since 2 years..Iam undergoing treament in homoepathy for the same...!I didn'nt find any improvement by taking the treatment.
I did my thyroid test .Please refer the below result

Test Result Reference Range

Total T3 0.83 Non Pregnant :0.7-2.14

Total T4 9.8 4.6 - 11 mcg/dl

TSH 5.77 Non Pregnant : 0.34 - 5.6

Wanted to confirm should i undergo any medication?Iam not concieved got married 2 years pack
Posted Thu, 15 Aug 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 8 minutes later
DearXXXXX, hi, thanks for coming to XXXXXXX

As per the reports you are subclinical hypothyroid. Two things I would like to know before committing whether you need treatment or not.

1. Do you have any other symptoms of hypothyroidism other than hair fall? Like weight gain, constipation, dull, drowsy, over sleepy, lethargic, irregular periods, mood irritability, and family history of thyroid dysfunction?

2. Are you on any contraception or birth control pill?

If you are grossly symptomatic, you need to start the treatment. If you are on contraceptive pills, you need FT4 for confirming your thyroid functional status.

Regards, see your local doctor with fresh reports and take a decision.
Follow-up: Have hair thinning problem. Under going treatment in homeopathy but no improvement. Had thyroid test. Findings? 1 hour later
Thanks for your reply doctor...!I would like to clarify your queries

1) I feel lethargic,drowsy.
2) I am not taking any birst control pills

As per your suggestion i'll take the fresh report & consult doctor in my city...!

Wanted to confirm if i undergo medication the symptions will be reduced and will hair thinning will be prevented..?

Could you suggest me a good doctor in bangalore for thyroid related disease...?

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 13 minutes later
hi XXXXXXX as you have confirmed that you are having symptoms suggestive of hypothyroidism other than thinning of hair, you need to be on thyroxine replacement. once you have achieved normal thyroid levels or euthyroid status and you maintain your euthyroid status for more than three months, you will see that your hair fall has decreased also you might get back your hair that you have lost due to thyroid dysfunction. also all other symptoms of hypothyroidism will definitely improve significantly.
regarding thyroid specialist doctors in Bangalore, there are many, depending upon where do you stay in Bangalore. you can e-mail the XXXXXXX customer care center for your requirement and they will help you in finding a doctor in Bangalore. if you want few names, dr arpandev bhattacharyya in manipal hospital, airport road, dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXXXX in apollo hospital, dr ganpati in st jhons
Iam very much convinced now after seeing ur reply doctor...!I'll get one more thyroid test done and will consult a doctor and will start taking treatment for the same...!

How can i get back to you for further clarification doctor coz this follow up is restricted only for 2 days...!

Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 5 minutes later

You can ask me through this link WWW.WWWW.WW
Make sure you post your concern through this link instead of the regular one. In that case your queries will come to me directly.