Have had sex, took ipill. Having vaginal bleeding. Can I be pregnant?

Mar 2016

Hello i finished my periods on 22nd may ,my fiancee and i had sex on 27th of may ,consumed ipill within half an hour and nw iam having vaginal bleeding since past two days .can u please tell me wat does this mean .can i be pregnant???
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Unprotected sex up to 5 days before and after period is generally very much safe, if previous cycle was regular. I-pill when taken within first 24 hrs gives adequate protection (more than 95%) against unwanted pregnancy.

Following this I-pill now you have vaginal bleeding for last 2 days. It occurs due to withdrawal effect of the pill. It is quite common & natural phenomena. Here, you do not need to panic and worry regarding this. Your next coming period may be delayed or earlier due to hormonal imbalance.

If your period is delayed by more than 7 days, get the urine pregnancy done to allay any fears of pregnancy.

Hope, it helps for you. If you have any other query, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health & practice safe sex in future.

Dr Soumen