Have had red, itchy vulva and a discharge. What is causing this and how to get cured?

For a while now I've had a red, itchy vulva and a discharge that is very wet and smells like vinegar..can u help me work out what it is?
forgot to add - the wetness is severe...will sometimes soak my pants
Posted Sun, 19 Aug 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 1 hour later
Thanks for your question.
It seems like you are suffering from a vaginal discharge. To figure out what type of infection it is? we need to know certain characteristics of discharge like color & its consistency in addition to the smell & amount which you have wisely mentioned.
However the surest way to find out the cause & to guide specific treatment is to have a "swab test". This is better done by a Gynecologist as most discharges can be diagnosed clinically by experienced Gynecologists & appropriate treatment can be given right away.
So, my suggestion for you is to plan a doctor's visit.
Hope I have given you the desired response. Please write back if you have any question.
Hope you get well soon.
Warm Regards.