Have had itchy bumps near anus. Suggest some effective cream

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2012
Jul 2012
Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
Hi, I have had itchy red bumps near the anus that has lasted at least 4 months, I have tried many different creams with no success. It had started to clear up only to return. Looks simular to poison ivy in apperarance, but mostly concentrated along what appears to be a line with several other red bumps near by.Because of the location on my body I have been avoiding an exam.
Posted Thu, 6 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Hi there.
Please do have an examination done by a dermatologist near you.
What you are describing is a koebner phenomenon that appears in many conditions & will have to be assessed by a dermatologist visually.
Nothing to be worried about but 4 mths is a long time.
If possible, could you uploada clear photograph of the area.
Cheers & await your response. Good luck
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD

Follow-up: Have had itchy bumps near anus. Suggest some effective cream 1 hour later
Hopefully this picture will help you diagnose the problem. Can you recommend any home remedies. Thanks

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 7 hours later
Hi there. It does seem to be some sort of a 'reactive skin lesion'. please use a cream containing betamethasone +fusidic acid that you shoud be able to pick over the counter. Also do deworm yourself. Both should be easily procurable from your local chemist over the counter. Use the cream for a 1 week period. It should disappear. if not, then one has to see a dermatologist nearest you. Cheers & Godspeed!
Dr Rodrigues

Follow-up: Have had itchy bumps near anus. Suggest some effective cream 5 hours later
Thank you for your help in this matter XXXXXXX

Most welcome. Do hope it pans out well for you. Cheers.
If time permits, please close this query as it XXXXXXX up in my box as a follow-up else..Good Luck!
Dr Rodrigues