Ask a Urologist   »  

Have had blood and urine test. On cholesterol medicine. What are the findings?

Okay went to Dr. about my tests. She says unless I have symtoms they do not treat the urinary tract. I am 77 yrs old.The abnormal part was urine "SL HAZY,BLOOD2+,
PROTEIN TRACE, LEUKOCYTES POSITIVE UWB 15-20 ,URBC 10-15, BACTERIA SLIGHT BLOOD TEST PROTEIN 8.2 SCALE OF 6.o to 8.0 AND GLOBULIN 4.2 ON A SCALE OF 2.0 to 4.0 She said it was natural ageing Is she right. I have no symtoms She wants me to go back on cholesterol medicine. I dropped it after my Husbands Dr toke him off of it. Help me know what to do.
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult urologist / Continue cholesterol drugs

Detailed Answer:
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You need further investigations as to the cause (stone, obstruction) / and consequence (kidney function (Urea and Creatinine).
Urine should be cultured (midstream / collection without contamination is important)
Urologist (or Uro-Gynaecologist) is the specialist to approach

You should not stop cholesterol medications... additional risk factor that is treatable should not be neglected – especially in the background of blood pressure... Blood pressure drugs should also be continued...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck