Have growth on upper arm. Diagnosed Lipoma. Can this lump become serious?

Apr 2014

I have a growth on my upper arm about 2" diameter my dr says its a lipoma but it's attached to the skin and reddish purple in color which I think is unusual for a lipoma. I also have a reddish purple mark on my forehead about an inch across like a bruise but has been there for 2 months. Could the lump be more serious than a lipoma or what else could it be. 34 male no other health abnormalities. Thanks
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most probably you have lipoma.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

I think your doctor has given the right diagnosis.
Lipoma can be diagnosed clinically.It presents below the skin,soft in consistency and moves while pressing with finger.
Due to its colour you may think about angiolipoma or angiolipoleiomyomas.But angiolipoma is painful in nature and it is not as soft as lipoma,rather firm and it can be confirmed by colour doppler or CT Scan.
But i don't think you need further investigation as it as benign and harmless.
Don't think about it too much and it is
found very commonly.

Hope i have answered your query.
Get well soon.
Further queries are most welcome.

Take Care