Have dull pain in the lower stomach, intensifies with ejaculation and urination. Done urine test. Finding?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Hi Doctor,
I have a dull pain in the lower side of my stomach, it intensifies when nearing ejaculation. Also a bit during urination. I did a Routine Urine Analysis and the result is also attached.

Albumin - Urine - NIL
Sugar - Urine - Nil

Urine Microscopy
RBCs NIL/hpf
PUS Cells 1-2/hpf
EPI Cells 0-2/hpf
Casts NIL
Crystals NIL
Bacteria NIL

Please advice.
Thanks & regards,
XXXXX

Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have pain in lower abdomen during ejaculation and urination.

Your urine analysis does not reveal any evidence of infection

Most likely this is due to be due to what is called as abacterial Prostatitis.which is common at this age.

Please consult qualified urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination to confirm the diagnosis and get following basic tests under his guidance.
1) Urine Culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen .
In the mean while take urinary antiseptic like Nitrofurantoin and anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily along with alpha blocker like Tomsulosin once daily ..

Get the prescription of the drugs from your family physician.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Have dull pain in the lower stomach, intensifies with ejaculation and urination. Done urine test. Finding? 14 hours later
Thanks Doctor, my Urologist is away for a couple of days, in the mean time, what do I need to tell the lab on the tests to take so that I can have it ready.

Also while waiting for your reply I had met a doctor who prescribed Quinotop (500 Mg)- Ciprofloxacin (1-0-1) fro 14 days. which should I go with Quinotop or Nitrofurantoin. Please advice.

Also I have intermittent pain on the lower right side of the stomach as well now.

Thanks again,
XXXXX

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 26 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for follow up.
You can give samples for examination so that repors are available when you consult your Urologist.
Quinotop contains Tinidazole and Ciprofloxacin so you can take Nitrofurantoin along with Quonotop.500 twice daily.

Ensure to drink more water.

Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Have dull pain in the lower stomach, intensifies with ejaculation and urination. Done urine test. Finding? 0 minute later
Thanks much Doctor,

The lab is asking for details on the tests, they say there are many tests etc. If you can tell me what exactly I should tell them it will be great.

Thanks & regards,
XXXXX

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for fresh query.
Please get following tests done.
1)Haemogram,Blood Urea,Serum creatinine.
2) Urine Culture
3) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen(Done by Radiologist )
Thanks and regards.
Dr.Patil.