Have dizzy spell after hitting head. Have had Chronic Spinal Stenosis and lumbar operations. Any idea?

Spine Surgeon
Over a month ago, I had a bad reaction to a drug, and while I was in the kitchen, I passed out and hit my head on cupboard doors and split my head open and I my bladder let go. I do have Chronic Spinal Stenosis, have had to lumbar operations, and cervical. I was also told I may have Adhesive Arachnoiditis. Fibromyalgia, and Arthritis I did go to the emergency room and had a CT done, and 10 staples in my head, however, even after I had done all the right things, I have dizzy spells when I lay down...where my eyes are moving back and forth...should I be concerned?
Posted Sun, 20 Jan 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Krishna Kumar 7 hours later
Thank you for your query.

I understand you had undergone multiple spine surgeries.

You had a CT in the emergency room, but you are still symptomatic. In these situations although your initial CT was normal, we would require a repeat CT to make sure that your brain is OK.

In some situation changes do occur after some time such as minor bleeding/clot etc.

So please go ahead and do a repeat CT.

Let me know if you have more concerns.

Thank you