Have discomfort and pain in pelvic ares radiating to leg, buttocks, Femur bone, thigh and knee joint. Suggest?

Jul 2013

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have discomfort / little pain in the right pelvic region and it is elevating down to the Anus region.
I have discomfort/ little pain in right waist area and the pain is elevating down to whole of my right leg. My buttocks, Femur bone, thigh and right knee joint is paining.
Let me know what this could be?
Any Suggestions.
Expecting a reply as early as possible.
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 57 minutes later
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

Based upon your description, It seems that you are having two different entities

(1) Pain in the pelvic region and radiation into pubic or inguinal region could be due to a renal (kidney) problem, most propably a stone getting impacted in the ureter.

An xray of the abdomen or an Ultrasound examination will help in diagnosis. You need to visit a general surgeon or an urologist for an evaluation.

(2) Pain in the waist region with radiation into the whole leg is generally due to a lumbar disc herniation causing pressure over the nerve root supplying the leg.

An MRI scan of the lumbar spine is mandatory to pin point the diagnosis. An orthopedic surgeons consultation is needed for clinical examination.

Hope I have addressed your issues. Happy to help any further clarifications.