Have diffuse fasciculations, cramps, visual snow, headache, chest pain, neurologic deficit. Negative chest x-ray, achr abs. What to do?

I have diffuse fasciculations and cramps visual snow and cns neurologic deficit headache and chest pain. I have had chest ct 8 months ago chest X-ray 1 month both negativ ago and am 29 year old ex smoker of less than 5 pack years. I have had negative achr abs and metabolic panels in normal range multiple times what should I do. Also 3 normal neuro exams over the past 10 months
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pankaj Malhan 7 hours later

Thanks for asking.

A fasciculation or "muscle twitch", is a small, local, involuntary muscle contraction and relaxation which may be visible under the skin.

Most common cause of the fasciculations are:

1.Diseases of the lower motor neuron including:- Poliomyelitis, Spinal Muscular atrophy or SMA group of diseases including Werdnig-Hoffman disease, Organophosphate poisoning (e.g. insecticides) or use of acetylcholinesterase inhibitors (commonly used in Myasthenia Gravis)
Benzodiazepine withdrawal
Magnesium deficiency
Myalgic Encephalomyelitis

There is no single proven treatment for the fasciculations as the causes are diverse.

May need imaging in the form of MRI of the brain and cord to reach a diagnosis.

Please let me know if you need further information.