Have diarrhea. Swollen perineal area, itchy and painful. Swollen glands in groin and back pain. Suggest?

Excellent

Question
I have had extremely bad diareah for one week. It is mostly gone now, however my perineal area is swollen, itchy and sore. Also, I have swollen glands in my groin and a slight back pain on the lower right side.
Posted Sat, 10 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Hello;

I hope I can help you. Is your question regarding what you can do to help with the perineal irritation etc? If so, you can try getting the over the counter strength of Hydrocortisone and Allegra in a cream....mix those together on your or a cotton ball and apply to the affected area three times per day.

I hope this helps.

Follow-up: Have diarrhea. Swollen perineal area, itchy and painful. Swollen glands in groin and back pain. Suggest? 4 minutes later
Is there any danger of a kidney infection? Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 0 minute later
If your urinary tract becomes infected that could cause a urinary tract infection...but it's not very likely.