Have dark brownish/red dime-sized spot. Developed fever. Should I be worried?

ENT Specialist
I have a dark brownish/red dime-sized spot between the roof of my mouth/to the left tonsillar area. I've been feeling under the weather for 3 days and have developed a bad fever blister on my lip which I've been treating for the last 3 days with otc treatments. Should I be worried? I have never seen this type of lesion in my throat before, though I've had strep throat many times throughout my life.
Posted Tue, 12 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fever blisters

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mam,
I have gone through your query.
It suggests that you may be suffering from the fever blisters.
For your kind information, it (fever blisters) is mainly located on the lips, roof of the mouth, and face is usually caused by the highly contagious herpes simplex type 1 virus.
There is no cure for this only symptomatic treatment suffices. They subside within a week only with supportive treatment.

No need to so much worry for this. If the blister is particularly painful, applying a topical treatment such as lidocaine /Xylocain spray or benzyl alcohol on the area can help.

If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.