Have cough and upset stomach with pain in lower pelvic area. What is this?

I am a woman in my early 60's. I had the flu last w eek and I am recovering from the residuals of the flu such as coughing and upset stomach. Today, I experienced pain going down from my lower left pelvic area all the way down to the back of my left calf. It hurts
to walk with the pain. What is this?
Posted Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Pain radiating to back of the calf generally means nerve root irritation (S2- root of Sacral nerve 2).
You will need pelvic and rectal examination, as well as a look at the spine.

It may not be related to the ‘flu’ – ['post hoc ergo propter hoc' - after this therefore because of this]
You should see your doctor and have yourself examined.

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck