Why am I experiencing muscle spasms in head post laser therapy for scalp psoriasis?

Dec 2013

yes please help had xtrac laser therapy on Nov 29 for scalp psroias ..every since then have apain on yhe right side of my head very short but comes and goes scarey sometimes feels like a muscle spasms in my head ,had ct scan dr said clear but I still feel the pain on an off what is this ????/
Posted Wed, 15 Jan 2014 in Beauty
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Kindly see the details Detailed Answer: Hello, Welcome and thanks for posting your query to healthcare magic. I can understand the concern for pain on yhe right side of my head after xtrac laser therapy. Xtrac laser therapy excimer laser treatment system and is considered to be quite safe in terms of treatment of psoriasis. It uocused beam of laser light wavelength (308nm) of ultraviolet light which helps in clearing the psoriatic plaques. The most important part is the light energy used during the procedure. In general there is a set frequency for eery person according to its skin type and the psoriatic plaque along with the number of sitting. In most of the cases it do not cause any kind of problem except for mild discomfort during or after the procedure and that too of temporary nature.. In very few cases if the skin is sensitive to light then it can cause soreness of the area. This soreness can be more pronounced due to mild to moderate to nerve irritation. This mild nerve irritation can cause pain which is off and on nature. I suggest you to apply a mild potency steroid such as Mometasone so that if at all any sore area is present that can get healed. You can additionally take a multivitamin tablet such as B complex. I also suggest you to definitely inform your treating doctor for the same so that in future an additional safety should be taken in choosing the exact fluence of the laser light. I hope these information will help you. With good health wishes, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD- Dermatology