Have cold sore and rashes on butt. Getting zits. Is this a sign of herpes?

Hello, Back in late September, I was concerned that I had inadvertently transferred herpes to myself because I had a cold sore and was afraid I didn't wash my hands properly before I grabbed toilet paper and wiped myself, and I became scared I transferred the virus onto the paper and then onto myself. I went to the doctor in early October and they said I was fine. In late October, I developed what looked like a rash in my "butt crack" area. I went back to another doctor and she looked at me and said everything was fine. Well, now, another week later, I see a small, bright red dot about an inch or so away from my anus. It didn't hurt until I touched it, but now I'm afraid that this is a signal of herpes. I put some zit cream on it because I have been getting a lot of zits on my bottom since I haven't been washing properly (due to fear of transferring a cold sore, which has since gone away) and the cream did make it sting for a bit.
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query. Oral herpes is caused by HSV 1 while genital herpes is caused by HSV 2. There are very less chances that the oral virus can cause genital lesions. The lesions of herpes are typical. It presents as water filled lesions which remain for few days and disappear. Just relax , you might not be suffering from herpes, Let me know if you have any other doubts. thank you