Have ciguatera, had to participate in TB test for child's school. Should I be concerned?

I'm diagnosed with ciguatera. I just had to participate in tb test for my daughter's school. Should I be concerned?
Posted Sun, 16 Sep 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 3 hours later
Dear friend,

I hope you are asking about tuberculosis when you say TB!

TB testing would involve a small skin injection on the forearm and observing for redness, raised lesion around the injection site after 48 hours, if any develops. Rarely lymph nodes may enlarge as a reaction. Sometimes the doctor's may also ask for X-ray chest to look of TB affection of lungs.

Since the test involves identification of specific TB bacilli (mycobacterium tuberculosis) proteins, it will not be affected by past ciguatera infection. So no need to be concerned.

Keep your asthma medications with you and tell doctors testing about these past histories.

I hope this satisfies your query. We see loads of TB here every now and then. Do not worry.
I would be happy to answer any follow-up query, if you have.
I would also request to rate this answer and write a review for me and then close this query, if you have no follow-up questions or after I have answered them.

Good Luck! And happy schooling!!