Have burning sensation on calf and foot is tight and hurting. Related?

I have a burning/hot sensation on my left calf. The burning feeling is in the front of my calf and was coming and going, but now it's a constant feeling. I'm wondering if it could be correlated to my foot- I have an appt. with a podiatrist to check why my left foot arch is so tight and hurting. Can the issue in my calf be caused by my foot? I'm worried about the heat I'm feeling in my leg.....worried it could be a blood clot or something that I need to have checked immediately. Also, my father has MS, so I've thought of that being a possibility too.
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 46 minutes later

Burning sensation localised to front of the calf is unrelated to arched foot. This paraesthetic (abnormal) sensation is often due to idiopathic (unknown) causes. Sometimes we notice b12 deficiency and thyroid deficiency presenting with similar paresthetic pain.

Ideally this symptom should be brought to your doctor's -physician or neuroloist - notice. He/she can get your blood sample tested for vitamin b12 as well as TSH levels and start you on b12 supplements. If symptoms persist serotonin inhibitor drugs can be started.

Localised paraesthesia is not the classical presentation of venous clots. Neither does multiple sclerosis prrsent with such isolated symptoms. So do not be concerned.

Hope this helped. Let me know if you need clarification.

Good luck...