Ask a Urologist   »  

Have bumps on penis. Temporary relief from medicine. Worried for genital warts

HIV AIDS Specialist
I live in Connecticut. My PCP retired and I don't have a new one yet. I am afraid and embarrassed to see a doctor. I have noticed for a few months small bumps on my penis. I looked online and felt strongly they looked exactly like molluscum contagiosum. I bought Zema Derm from Rite Aide ( WWW.WWWW.WW and it seemed to clear it up. A week later I noticed it returned. I over-used Zema Derm and it dried the skin out. Now I'm peeling. I also have noticed a few dark raised spots on the shaft and am scared it's genital warts. I'm scared to find out I have more than molluscum contagiosum since it returned. I'm embarrassed to discuss this with a doctor in person.
Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The pictures sent by you are not fit with either Molluscum Contageousum or with warts. It seems like Genital Herpes infection. Herpes is well known for recurrence.

Don't hesitate to XXXXXXX your physician and he will examine and investigate with necessary blood tests to rule out or confirm other possibilities and other STDs.
Molluscum,warts,or Herpes may be a marker for other types of STDs. So a blood work is very essential.
There are specific drugs available to treat Herpes. You physician will help you in this regard.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan