Have bumps on labia majora. What could it be?

Question
Hi There, I have some bumps on my labia majora, can I show you pictures and get an idea of what the potential diagnosis could be? Thanks
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
vaginal blisters

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX After analyzing your pictures I feel they are vaginal blisters. In many cases vaginal blisters are developed because of sexually transmitted diseases (very often due to HPV i.e.human papilloma virus infection). Sometimes vaginal blisters can be developed in women who are not sexually active. There are several main causes for vaginal blisters including infections, friction, ingrown hairs or clogged sweat glands.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Have bumps on labia majora. What could it be? 25 minutes later
Hi There,

Thanks for your reply. Is a vaginal blister that is caused by HPV not a wart no? The answer didn't really narrow it down. So basically it could be anything?

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
HPV causes vaginal warts.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX
HPV(human papilloma virus) can cause warts. Warts can appear within weeks or months after sexual contact with an infected partner—even if the infected partner has no signs of genital warts. If left untreated, genital warts might go away, remain unchanged, or increase in size or number.
HPV is usually seen in sexually active women, if the person is not sexually active, then we can think of other causes like infections, friction, ingrown hairs or clogged sweat glands.
One more possibility in your case is molluscum contagiosum (viral skin infection with pearly nodules). It is usually seen if the patients immunity is very less, like HIV(human immuno deficiency).
Other differential diagnosis which I feel not fits in your case are:
Condyloma XXXXXXX fibroepitheliomas.
If you do not have any further clarification you can close the discussion. Kindly rate & review my answer. Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
WWW.WWWW.WW