Ask a Urologist   »  

Have brown rash underneath penis. Testicles a little raised. Painless and no itching. What can this be?

Excellent

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
I have a brown rash that is underneath my penis goes from gland all the way down to testicles. its pink at glands and brown as it gets to testicles its a little raised but flat with no bumps. At the glands it looked like it has microscopics blisters when I estrech the skins but with out straching it just looks like raised skin. Is painless and it doesn't itch. What can it be? I did have oral sex with somebody I didn't know about 3 days before rash appeared
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rash to be ignored.PPP or Herpes blisters possible

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

What you have described as rash or color change does not seem to be related to any of the STDs.
Have you taken any medicine during that time either as a prophylaxis or for some other ailment. Certain types of drug rash can cause this type of color change. If you could upload the picture of the lesion more information can be shared. Sometimes mild difference in color might have existed even prior to that incident about which you had noticed only after the incident. This type color changes can occur with many. As there is no itching or pain, this has no clinical significance and can be ignored.
Regarding the tiny blisters underneath your foreskin could be a 'Pearly Penile Papule' (PPP) which once again has no clinical significance and can be ignored. Another possibility of blisters occurring as grouped at a particular site following a oral sex could be due to Herpes due to HSV 1 infection. If it is due to Herpes then it will ulcerate on the next day and will heal within a week or two.
Consult your physician and get examined and clear about the blisters.
DR S.Murugan

Follow-up: Have brown rash underneath penis. Testicles a little raised. Painless and no itching. What can this be? 13 minutes later
I had the rash for 5 days I just noticed the very tiny blisters when i strech the foreskin but have not seen any ulceration or ripping. Have not taken any medicine. But had icy hot sensation on pubic area for a couple of days and frequent urination. Icy hot sensation was on testicles not necessarily on rash area. Worried about possible herpes but doesn't look like it just pinkish red bu glands res is line rash down shaft. the dots are just very tiny and only visible when estreching skin. Again no pain or visible ulcers. Would the blisters be obvious to the eye or is it just me freaking out?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Herpes infection is unlikely and nothing serious.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Welcome back.
In Herpes the blisters cannot remain as vesicles for more than 24 hours. It would have been ulcerated. If is not so, then it could not be due to Herpes infection. You need not worry about the same for any STD. Mucosal cyst or PPP are the possibilities and not at all harmful and consult your physician for further help.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Have brown rash underneath penis. Testicles a little raised. Painless and no itching. What can this be? 7 minutes later
Thank you so much I been worried sick about this. So you think icy hot sensation and frequent urination has nothing to do with it? Also rash appeared Monday 9/9 and what I thought looked like micro blisters size under 1 mm I saw today. Of they XXXXXXX t break open and all looks same in a couple days then not likely herpes? What can I take for rash. I tried to take picture but blisters not visible on pic. Thanks doc again no pain or itching at all.

Brief Answer:
Possibility of urinary infection. Unlikely Herpes.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX,

Welcome back.

Your icy hot sensation and frequency of urination may be due to urine in the laboratory to look for urine deposits and if it reveals more than 5 pus cells, it indicates urinary tract infection. Then you may need further testings like urine culture and sensitivity test etc.
With regards to the rash and blisters, the advice after inspecting the exact lesions will be useful to you rather than that of one given by assumption.
As it remains as blisters after two days, it could not be due to Herpes infection.
There could not be anything serious. So relax and XXXXXXX your Physician for further help.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan