Have brown bumps around pubic hair region. What could be causing this?

Jul 2016

I have these brown looking bumps in the pubic hair does not have a head...they don't itch nor hurt ....what could they be????
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 37 minutes later
Based on the facts and photograph that you have posted it appears that you have what is called as Sebaceous Cysts .This area is XXXXXXX in sebaceous glands as compared to rest of the body hence more prone for getting sebaceous cysts which occurs due to accumulation of sebaceous materiel secreted by these glands.
Normally these cysts subside without any treatment but need to be treated if they get infected or increase in size.
Take some antibiotics like Doxycycline twice daily for a week as a preventive measure.Get a prescription of this drug from your family Physician.
In case of infection or if you notice them to be increasing in size, consult a qualified surgeon for examination and excision in Toto.
Hope I have answered your query.Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.