Have blocked nose, feeling breathing difficulty at night. How to cure this?

ENT Specialist
Hi iam XXXXXX. I work XXXXXXX I have problem with my nose. One of my nostrils is blocked because of the irregular septum of nose. Because of this iam feeling difficulty in breathing in nights. During winters it too hard to take breathe. Can i know how i can cure this.

Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 2 hours later

Thank you for your query.

1. I am assuming that you have had a trial of medical therapy which has not improved your nasal obstruction.

2. Get a plain CT PNS (Para Nasal Sinuses) with 1 mm coronal, axial and sagittal cuts done on a multi-slice CT Scan machine. This is the gold standard imaging on which your treatment and any surgery should be based.

3. If you can upload the Ct Scan images, I will be able to give you an accurate assessment.

4. There are a few new options such as radio-frequency ablation of nasal turbinates, co-ablation in addition to endoscopic septoplasty which may help.

I hope that I have answered your queries. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.