Have beta hemolytic streptococci infection. What treatment should be done?

Mar 2013
I have vaginal infection i.e BETA HEMOLYTIC STERPTOCOCCI .SO please suggest me what treatment should be done for this disease
Posted Mon, 25 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 20 minutes later
Out of the 3 reports, I am unable to view one .
It is quite hazy.
I think it is the report of your urine analysis.
May i request you to re attach a clearer copy of that, so that I could provide comprehensive guidance?
Also, please mention what specific problems you had, which led you to seek medical help and get these reports done?
Also, any details about the mode of delivery, any complications etc would be welcome.
Awaiting your further reply.
Take care meanwhile.
Follow-up: Have beta hemolytic streptococci infection. What treatment should be done? 40 minutes later
I have uploaded my reports according for your please check my reports and suggest treatment and also suggest me a doctor for this disease in lucknow.

recently i see a doctor XXXXXXX XXXXXXX IN LUCKNOW.I am using DOXY-1 L-DR FORTE from one month.

i want to XXXXXXX you, is this possible?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Hi again XXXXXXX
I have gone through your reports.
The urine microscopic and culture report is normal, so you have nothing to worry about.
Also, your vaginal swab report is dated last December.
It shows infection with a bacteria called Beta Hemolytic Streptococci.
The culture report shows that this bacteria is sensitive to an antibiotic called Doxycycline.
You have already taken a month long course of Doxycycline for this.
So according to me, you have no need to take any further medication for this.
Only if you are experiencing problems like excessive vaginal discharge, burning in vagina , pain in lower abdomen etc, then you need to consult a doctor again and repeat the test.
Also, one word of caution - Doxycyline is generally not given to nursing/breastfeeding mothers.
I hope you were not feeding at that time.
Also, the doctor you mention is quite reputed and good in Lucknow.
Unfortunately, am out of town, otherwise would have loved to XXXXXXX you.
Please take care and am open to any more queries you would have.