Have been on an auto cpap. Having heart palpitation. Had IBS. Reason?

Hello. I have been on an auto cpap for 77 days. In the last 3-4 days I have been waking with quite a few palpitations. I would get them sometimes before but this is now when I wake up. Also the past 3-4 days I have had intense levels of air/gas. Once that is released partially the palpitations lessen or subside completely for the rest of the day. Any ideas? Not sure if I should lower the XXXXXXX pressure setting on my machine? Also was diagnosed with IBS at 16 years am now 38. Thanks

Highest Regards,
Posted Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Piyush Ostwal 6 hours later
AHI of 11 means that you have mild obstructive sleep apnea. The side effects of excessive gas are likely to be due to higher pressure on the machine than is needed for you. The pressure can be decreased by 0.5 cm H2O at a time but I would recommend that it should be done under supervision of an expert. You can go back to your doctor and he will advice the needed change in settings. the palpitations are also likely to be related to the same. You may also keep a watch on your Blood pressure whenever palpitations are felt. IBS is not related to the current problems.
Hope that answers your query. If there are more queries, i will be happy to answer.
Good luck.