Have bad odor coming from penis. What to do to take smell away?

I am 19 years old I am in college and I play sports.My penis smells really bad. I am not sexual active. I wash it over and over but when I get out of the shower after washing behind the foreskin which hurts really bad, but it still smells it still smells. What can I do to take the smell away? Or is it just normal?
Posted Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Bad odor is due to infection. Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. Firstly, in order to PINPOINT the exact cause of your problems; give you a SOUND professional advice; and, TRUE VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY, I request you to kindly provide additional information as follows :- * Have you had sexual intercourse in the recent past? * Is there any discharge from the penis? Nevertheless, from the brief information, I am of the opinion that you are suffering from either fungal(yeast) or Trichomial infection of the foreskin (particularly when it is painful, which suggests sores on the inside of foreskin. However, some amount of tolerable odor is normal. But excessive smell indicates infection. I therefore suggest that you take a 10 days' course of Tab Fluconazole 150mg daily + Secnidazole 1gm daily for 10 days. These are prescription drugs. Please get them prescribed by your doctor. This 10 days' course will eradicate the infections. You can always revert back to me, if there is no response even after 10 days of the advised treatment. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: Have bad odor coming from penis. What to do to take smell away? 4 minutes later
After I washed it smelled less but it still smelled. I have not had sex in the past. It does not hurt just smells.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take 10 days' course of treatment as advised Detailed Answer: It's OK. The breach in the foreskin has lead to organisms invade deeper tissues of foreskin. Please take the 10 days' course of drugs advised and you will be cured. Take care, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal
Follow-up: Have bad odor coming from penis. What to do to take smell away? 9 minutes later
Thankyou Doctor you take care too
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 12 minutes later
Brief Answer: You are most welcome, my friend Detailed Answer: You are most welcome to post your queries, addressed directly to me, as and when required. I forgot to mention that you ALSO take a short course of an antibiotic such as Ciprofloxacin 500mg twice daily for 5-7 days, so as to cover bacterial infection as the cause of infection. This is a prescription drug too. Take care and enjoy your day Dr. Rakesh Karanwal