Have asthma, growing lump in throat. Feeling chest tightness, losing weight and feeling tired. Concerned

I m 20 I have a growing lump in my throat I have asthma and I can feel it put pressure on my breathing it's next to my airways down my throat. I have now developed tightness of my chest. What is it? I am waiting for a scan but I am getting worried. I lost a lot of weight and I am always tired and sleepy.
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

I need further details in order to help you better

1. Is there any change of voice to hoarseness of voice lately?
2. Are you having extreme difficulty in breathing?
3. Is your asthma under control?
4. Did you have fever with sore throat recently?
5. Did any doctor examine you? What were his inferences and what scan are you getting done?

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply

Follow-up: Have asthma, growing lump in throat. Feeling chest tightness, losing weight and feeling tired. Concerned 12 hours later
no voice hoarseness, not very extreme difficulty breathing but at time i fell like my airways is getting blocked. my asthma is under control but the growing lump is putting pressure on my airways and sometimes specially when lying flat on my back i feel pressure. no fever. i got examined they said it wasn't thyroid, so they sent for an ultra sound scan and bloods taken. its all taken too long this lump is growing and i m always very tired, i cough sometimes.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 11 hours later

Thanks for replying

Your description of the lump best fits of a tonsillitis. Which explains the feeling of a growing lump in your throat. Please approach an ent surgeon to examine in you. For the time being please gargle your throat with a betadine gargle it will certainly help you to reduce the size of the lump.

Also you can let me know the scan report