Have anxiety and ADHD. Taking adderall. Any alternate medicine?

Hi, I used to be prescribed adderall when I lived in another state and since I moved my dr doesn't want to prescribe it for me.
I have anxiety and ADHD and my dr doesn't want to give me the medication I need
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

I truly understand your problem. it is difficult to get on with your routine without ADDERALL once you are on it.

However please understand that ADDERALL is classified as a Schedule II controlled Substance. There are regulations to be followed while prescribing it. These regulatories differ from state to state. I am not sure about XXXXXXX and the state that you had moved from. Did you enquire if the new doctor has the licence to prescribe this? If yes the doctor has to make sure whether you need it really or not. He will do a preliminary assessment before he prescribes and it takes some time. You should be able to carry case records from the previous doctor ( EHR) that proves that ADDERALL had made your life easy.

In other case some people get a referring letter to the new doctor from the old doctor so that the prescription dose is continued and no break in it. Call your old doctor office and inquire if they provide such letters to the new doctor. Else you can ask them to refer to any other doctor in your area who has the license to prescribe ADDERALL.

Hope this helps partially.