Have a wasp sting. Should I go for medical check up?

Question
I have a wasp sting. I want to check if my reaction is normal or if I need to seek medical attention.
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Environmental and Occupational Hazards

Answered by Dr. Abid 15 minutes later
Hi there...

Wasp sting reaction can be localized in the form of itching, swelling, redness or rash at the area of bite (as seen in the picture) or it can be severe enough and can present in the form of bronchospasm, kidney failure and angioedema.

So to be on safe side I will suggest you to seek medical advice. You would need to be monitored where the doctors would watch for the aforementioned signs. In the meantime you can use over the counter anti-allergic agents like benadryl.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other query.