Have a pre employment med. Had some meth. How long does it take to clear off ?

Question
I have a pre employment med on tues 10.30 am I had some meth on Friday 7.30 pm I've been drinking a lot of water and one XXXXXXX of ural a day I also have two cranberry pills a day with extra strength vitamin c pills will I b clear? I am 40 years of age weigh 84kg and am fairly physical
Posted Fri, 29 Jun 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 2 hours later
Hello

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

Amphetamines are standardly detectable in urine for 1-3 days after use. Methamphetamines stay in the system slightly longer, 3-5 days.

Methamphetamine is detectable with hair tests and is included in the standard set of substances tested for with these tests. Hair tests generally take the most recent 1.5 inches of growth and use those for testing. That provides a detection period of approximately 90 days. If an individual's hair is shorter than 1.5 inches, this detection period will be shorter.

Methamphetamine is detectable in blood for 1-3 days.

It depends on the job as well as which tests are used during pre-employment medical tests.

I advice you not to go for meth as it has very severe effect on the body.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer

Follow-up: Have a pre employment med. Had some meth. How long does it take to clear off ? 29 minutes later
Wat about cleaning it out of system? Does ural and cranberry with constant consuming of water speed the process up?

Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 23 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

Good to hear from you.

Realistically there is no way to "clean" meth out of your system. "Detox" kits don't work much, in fact they can lead to drug tests being flagged and failed due to an altered sample. Methamphetamine is also rapidly eliminated, it does not hang around very long.

You cant clean your system of meth...but it all depends on the type of drug test that will be used,meth leaves the body in as little as 48 hours but meth is detectable in urine for up to 5 days,up to 8 days in the blood and for up to 90 days or more in the hair.

Antioxidants do increase their clean up but it can be detectable depending on the test done.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health.