Have a pain on the right side of head. Did CT scan. Have allergic problem. Any solution?

Nov 2013

I have a pain on the right side of my head, about 7 cm above my ear . Three or so years ago I drank blueberry juice . My blood pressure went extremely high , and I thought and felt if something went wrong ( allergies / clot ) . It was unbearable for months . I had a CT scan done during that time , which they did not see or find anything . I am definetly highly allergic and have to check what I eat . I still have the pain occasionally . Sometimes much worse than other times . The pain feels not deep in my head and close to my scull , a dull pain , feels sometime if blood is dripping or flowing , that might be worse when I have aspirin . What type of test , scan , or x XXXXXXX might assist me in finding the problem . I am male and 49 years old . My doctor and a hart specialist looked at me , but it is hard to determine someone else problems if you can't see anything .
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would like to reassure that your symptoms are unlikely to be due to any serious brain disease. This is because, as you suggested, your symptoms are minor and three years have elapsed since your symptoms began.

The possibilities include a vascular headache such as a migraine variant, and muscle tension headache.

However, to exclude a possibility of any XXXXXXX brain problem such as a clot, infarct (less blood flow), etc; an MRI and MR angiogram of the brain can be done.

I hope it helps. I would be pleased to answer any follow up queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad