Have a bad cold. Can I take dimetapp with ecitalopram antidepressant?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Can I take dimetapp (brompheniramine and phenylenephrine)with ecitalopram antidepressant?
I have a bad cold. I took dimetapp to stop me coughing and then was not sure whether to take ecitalopram only on 10 mg per day am in remission for PTSD.
I also take Colofac 3 times a day Zantac 2x and movicol 2 x and normacol and coloxyl and nasonex spray
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 35 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX
There are rare cases where using brompheniramine together with escitalopram may increase side effects such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating,but I dont think this is likely to happen in your case. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with these medications. Avoid driving or operating hazardous machinery until you know how the medications affect you.
There are no reported side effects or interactions of othe rdrugs you ve mentioned.
P.S. just to inform you that constipation may be caused by ecitalopram so I think it is better to change this drug then take all these laxatives, it can just caused digestion disorder.
WIsh you good health. If you have any question I ll be glad to help.
Follow-up: Have a bad cold. Can I take dimetapp with ecitalopram antidepressant? 3 minutes later
Thank you that was very helpful regards XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 4 minutes later
You are welcome XXXXXXX Wish you good luck.