Have Pancreatitis, Fibromyalgia and Neuropathy, in chronic pain. On Percocet but took Vicodon before drug test. Suggest?

Ihave been in & out of hospitals a lot these past 5 years my son passed away at 25 yrs old 5 yrs ago I have severe pacreitis fibomyialgia & nuraphaty I am in cronic pain my pain drhas been good to me but I ran out of my percottes & took a vicodon the day before my visit he found it in my drug test now he want to talk to me Monday can he kick me out because I messed up TY sorry the the mispelling
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 43 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Sorry for your recent loss of your son, and the circumstances for your pain that is compelling you to take PERCOCET (if the spelling is right?) - and VICODON.

What you should know are both these are classified under habit forming drugs because they contain compounds of opioid related subsatnces in them. Though their effects in relieving pain are very good, the period of prescription is carefully monitored by the prescribing doctor.

I understand your multiple issues of chronic pain conditions exist - but apart from these there are many other drugs that are not habit forming and safe to use. Some recent drugs also figure in the list. Your doctor should be able to guide you because these warrant a prescription.

Drug tests will detect the levels of opioid drugs in your blood and also determine if you have been taking them over a period of time which will point at habit formation in any individual.

I would suggest you would need a good urgent review of the present status of your Acute Pancreatitis (if right ?) - which will require blood tests and surgical evaluation, Fibromyalgia - would need periodic review and multimodal analgesia for adequate relief, Neuropathy - would need neurological review as to the type you may have based on which therapy can be directed.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet, MBBS, MD.
Consultant Physician.
Follow-up: Have Pancreatitis, Fibromyalgia and Neuropathy, in chronic pain. On Percocet but took Vicodon before drug test. Suggest? 44 minutes later
I ulcer have bleeding ulvers which have been treated 4 yrs ago...Ijust had surgery for twisted overies both were removed also they have cut a part of my nerve in my leg which really hurts & have cut my stomach for a reasome reason mostly neurologist have taken care of this I also have 3 closed heas injuries & severe seizures I am in constant pain and now I am scared I will be kicked out of my pain DRS clinic I don't know what to do I am in verybad pain Can you suggest something to do I have been on percots for 4 yrs & they don't seem to work anymore...I only take my meds as directed Plz help me I am losing weight & can't hardly eat caue whe I do my pancreas hurts so bad Its not even worth trying to fight this anymore plz help me thanks
I want to thank you but I need you to answer my prior question asap Thanks again I have tried non narcardic drugs & none worked I am als allergic to Cymbalta & Lyrica....I am not a drug seeker but I cannot take all this pain day after day what else can I do thanks I am so tired of all this pain I cannot stand it much longer!!!!!
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 8 hours later
I empathize with your severe pain.

If I were your doctor - I do not see any reason why you should be denied pain treatment at those pain clinics. And now that you say - PERCOCET has been prescribed for you for 4 years and now has stopped working, in the background of your bleeding ulcers and seizure history - I would have weighed options for medications similar to LYRICA if that has been proved to be allergic for you. CYMBALTA is not a pain relieving medication, it is indicated in depressive symptoms.

I suggest you visit a medical professional and not pain clinics if they have turned you out. Such multitude of conditions that you have described - would warrant a urgent review and offer you other non drug regimens included under multimodal analgesia (that I already mentioned earlier) when you are in dire pain like this. I do not think a doctor in person will turn you down for a consultation especially when one of the causes of your pain is due a severed nerve during your ovary surgery.

And any over the counter drugs may not help at this stage even if non-narcotic as you have mentioned, so do not attempt to self medicate.

Wish you best of health.

Follow-up: Have Pancreatitis, Fibromyalgia and Neuropathy, in chronic pain. On Percocet but took Vicodon before drug test. Suggest? 6 hours later
thank you so much for all you help <3
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 2 days later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
Please close this discussion if there are no further questions