Have PCOD, taking Glyciphage for irregular periods. Suggest medicine and diet

I am PCOD patient. I am taking Glyciphage 500mg tablets from past 10 months but still my periods are not regular. I am worried a bit. Please guide me the medicine and diet so that i will have regular period cycle
Posted Thu, 27 Sep 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Irregular period is the most common symptom of PCOD.
You are taking the right medication prescribed by most of the gynaecologist.
But main thing to control PCOD is weight reduction .
So avoid heavy & fast food & have a regular exercise of at least 30 minutes in a day.
If still periods remain irregular, you can take low dose oral contraceptive pills for regularization of periods under guidance of your gynaecologist along with metformin.

I hope your query has been answered. I will be available to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, please close the discussion by rating it.
Follow-up: Have PCOD, taking Glyciphage for irregular periods. Suggest medicine and diet 1 hour later
Hello Doctor,

thanks for the info. i have one more question. will this PCOD cause any problem when we plan for baby. In a week how many times we should have sex to have a baby? will this cause any problem for baby?

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 19 minutes later
Welcome back.
PCOD can cause problem in conception, because for ovulation & fertilization periods should be regular.
PCOD causes problem in getting pregnant, but after having conception it does not create any problem.
To be pregnant first thing I would like to mention that you can not take OC pills along with Metformin.
Second thing, after having regular periods of 28 -30 days; you would have to do intercourse on 11, 13, 15, 17, 19th day of your cycle.
I hope your query has been answered.