Have PCOD. Taken Fertyl. Pain when TVS scanning done. Is this a problem?

Infertility Specialist
hi dr,iam mrs XXXXXXX 29yrs old,have pcod,taken fertyl 50mg from 2nd to 6th day,done follicular study, today is my 16th day,in my rt ovary there is 1*1 follicle,ET 0.7 is gn in the report. vil the ovulation take place this gynae ASKED ME TO TAKE one more scan on coming monday that is 19th day. iam bit worried. one more thing iam getting pain when the tvs scanning is done, is this a problem or vil it cause infection or some health issue by doing this scan.pls explain...
Posted Wed, 19 Sep 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

thanks for your query. I understand your concerns. Following is my reply:

1) Follicle size should be 1.8 x 1.8 ( called dominant follicle). Your follicle size is 1 x 1 which is far smaller for day 16.

2) Hence follow your doctor's advice and get a scan done on day 19 and see if you have got a dominant follicle. Since you are a case of PCOD, the ovulation is generally little delayed.

3) If the follicle is dominant, it will ovulate. So please follow scans.

4) Trans vaginal scan causes some amount of pain especially while searching for follicles. Hence no need to worry.

5) The pain does not mean infection or any other thing. There is no health issue.

I hope I answered your query. Please accept my answer if no more queries.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist