Have Itching in nose with frequent sneezing. Looking for solution

Orthopaedic Surgeon
The lining of my nose, lower area, is itchy. Makes me sneeze is very uncomfortable. I have been to allergists had scratch test etc. but really if I could deaden my lower interior nose area, I would be happy
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Itching in the nose with frequent sneezing is seen most commonly due to dry nasal membranes. This is common in dry climates, or during the winter months when the air is dry and warm from household heaters.
Other causes may include allergic rhinitis, upper respiratory infections, alcohol abuse, etc.
I suggest you to get an appointment from your ENT surgeon for proper diagnosis and further treatment.
Till then put nasal saline drops to keep the nasal mucosa moist. You can also lubricate your nose with A & D ointment, Mentholatum, Polysporin/Neosporin ointment, or Vaseline.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.