Has had shaky legs and arms. Possibility of stroke?

For two days in a row, my husband has had shaky legs and arms. He ate a good breakfast this morning, rode the rider lawn mower to mow the grass and weed whacked. This has happened before, he gets annual checkups. Yesterday I checked for stroke because he went to the floor and couldn't stand up by himself.
Posted Sun, 8 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes possibilty of stoke needs to be ruled out.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well there exists a possibilty of stroke considering his age . As you give the history that he fell on floor and couldnt get up that makes stroke a primary possibilty. I will advise you to consult a neurologist as a physical examination is necessary to look for any neurological deficit . A CT scan or MRI brain may be required for this purpose .

A routine RBS , BP measurement , Complete lipid profile is also warranted . One more thing is to rule out thyroid dysfunction. Kindly seek medical help at earliest .

Wish him a speedy recovery .

Dr. Shruti