Has facial swelling and puffy eyes. Treated for scabies and skin scraping which detected no scabies. Advise?

My 83 yo mother has had facial swelling and puffy eyes, the facial swelling got worse after flu injection, about three weeks ago.She takes medications for blood pressure and heart failure, fluid retention and a blood thinner.She was also treated for scabies several months ago, and had a skin scraping which detected no scabies,but she continues to get more of what appears to be scabies type skin eruptions mostly on her back and arms.They are very itchy and she picks at them and scratches in the night and when she gets overheated.She also suffers from regular coughing fits notably when moving from warm to a cooler room or environment. Sucking a lozenge usually settles the coughing for a while.
Posted Fri, 5 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 56 minutes later
Facial puffiness is due to fluid retention.

As she is quiet old her immunity wont be that good.
It is quiet possible that still scabies infection is persisting on her body.
It is very difficult to find a scabies in scraping.

I think she should apply permethrin cream, followed by a repeat application after 15 days. This will ensure complete cure.
Daily application of calamine lotion and antihistamine tablet will provide good relief.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Wishing her good health.
Thank you