Hard red lump on leg, painless, remnance of mosquito bite removed. What is the cause?

Hi, I am 26, female. I have a hard red lump on my leg that looks kind of like a pimple. It has been there for over a year, and is painless. I had one before which was diagnosed by a doctor as the remanence of a mosquito bite and I had it removed. its very un sightly. I was wondering if anyone would know the cause or suggest a treatment to get rid of it. Thank you!
Posted Fri, 29 Jun 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Such bumps can be formed after folliculitis, blockage of sebaceous gland, around foreign body, as a reaction to mosquito bite etc.

Local creams can be helpful in the begining only. As it has been there for more than a year, it can be removed only through surgery.

For proper diagnosis palpation is also also required, thus please consult a Dermatologist in person and take treatment as per his advice.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you have further query, please feel free to ask.

With good wishes,