Hard lump on knee cap, no pain or swelling. Done arthroscopic surgery to replace ACL. What is the lump?

After having Arthroscopic surgery to replace my left Acl, and having some maniscus removed its been almost 2 years since surgery my kneee feals fine but im worried because im trying to enlist into the army and im going to the doctor next thursday for a follow up on my knee. and i have noticed a verry hard lump almost feals like a muscle on the bottom outside of my left knee cap. it dosent hurt it just gets real hard when i bend my knee and its kinda noticable. there is no brusing or swelling im just wondering what it may be and if the doc will say no to millitary?
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sudhir 35 minutes later

With those details, it's difficult to say what it is.Even doctor might not be able to say what it is by looking at it.

You will have to get a MRI of knee done. This will also determine what is causing the swelling and also help you and your doctor to take decision about military.

So I guess you can get a MRI done, both to know cause of swelling and also know if you are fit for military.

Hope this answers your question.