Hand is swollen and itchy. Is it allergies?

my hand is swollen and itchy. Just started happening last night. it is allergies picture attached
sorry Is it allergies?
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to allegry

Detailed Answer:

I have seen the image you have attached. Considering the swelling with mild hyperemia and shiny skin, I strongly suspect the swelling to be due to allergy.

Allergy could be due to any substance which you might have been exposed recently. Do take a dose of Benadryl which will bring down the symptoms.

If it is progressive then you may have to visit your nearest doctor to get a shot of anti allergic medication.

Do try to identify the allergen and avoid it in future as the subsequent reactions can be stronger.

Hope, I answered your query.