Had unprotected sex, in second week of contraceptive pills. Worried about pregnancy, Morning after pill?

Heber my name and I had sex without a condom, my girlfriend is in the second week of contraceptive pills on the 14th pill, and I'm worried she could get pregnant and I'm thinking of giving her the morning after pill, thanks for listening! Heber
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
If your girlfriend is taking the pills regularly and has not missed any pill in this cycle then she is protected. Even if this is her first month on pills, the contraception is effective from day 7 onwards. There is no need to take an emergency contraceptive.
If she takes an emergency pill now, this will disrupt her hormonal balance causing an irregular bleeding.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex, in second week of contraceptive pills. Worried about pregnancy, Morning after pill? 15 hours later
I would like to know why I have pain on the right side of the navel after the third time of sex in the same day and then can not have sex anymore on the same day and sametimes have problems with erection, i have a ball lower than the other, can be it a hernia problem? thanks for attention. Heber
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 minutes later
Hello again XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing again.

Pain in abdominal wall after repeated sex can be due to muscular fatigue of the abdominal muscles. A detailed examination will help in diagnosis.

One testis lower than the other is a normal physiological variation and does not indicate hernia.

Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.

Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.