Had unprotected sex before and after taking morning after pill. Will I get pregnant?

Question
Hi, I had unprotected sex yesterday afternoon and took the morning after pill, next choice, about half an hour after that but had sex again that same night, a few hours after taking the pill. Will I get pregnant? Do I need to take another pill?
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 19 minutes later
Hello
Multiple doses of the emergency pill dont work in the same cycle. Using it once should be adequate. Dont take the emergency pill multiple times,there will be menstrual irregularities and difficulty to concieve in the future. Try to use a regular form of contraception like oc pills,Cu T etc.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex before and after taking morning after pill. Will I get pregnant? 1 hour later
Thank you, this means I can expect my period in the next week or two right?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 minutes later
Yes,ideally you should get withdrawal bleeding with a week or two. If you miss your period,take test immediately.

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex before and after taking morning after pill. Will I get pregnant? 11 minutes later
Thank you very much. Really appreciate the consult

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 20 minutes later
Happy to help.