Had unprotected sex and took postinor after intercourse. Experiencing spot bleeding. Should I be concerned?

Question
hello, i had unprotected sex but my bf ejaculated outside of me, however, i took postinor 12 hours after intercouse, today 10 days later i am experiencing spot bleeding; what does this mean?>
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 27 minutes later
Brief Answer:
withdrawal bleeding

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

After taking postinor what you are experiencing now is called withdrawal bleeding . It normally happens after taking hormonal medication like postinor. You may have a bleed like a period for further few days . Also your normal menstrual cycles may become irregular. It's a common side effect of postinor . Just remember that your dates may change in the next few cycles .

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex and took postinor after intercourse. Experiencing spot bleeding. Should I be concerned? 55 minutes later
Does this mean that i am safe and not pregnant?
ALso, the bleeding is not like period it is abit less but been going on the whole day?

Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 33 minutes later
Brief Answer:
safe if the bleeding is like a period

Detailed Answer:
The bleeding can be less than a period but it should continue for a couple of days at least. It may be slightly less than a normal period but shouldnt be just spotting. You may have to use a pad for a day or two. In that case, you are safe.