Had unprotected sex. Took morning after pill the next day. Will I get pregnant?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
I had sexuall intwrcourse with my partner last night and took the morning after pill today cos we didnt use any precuation can i get pregenant
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. S Patra 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
PREGNANCY CHANCE IS QUITE LOW.

Detailed Answer:

First of all, morning after pill within first 24 hrs of unprotected sex protects more than 95% against unwanted pregnancy. Here, chance of pregnancy is quite low.

However, you will get withdrawal bleeding within 7-10 days and next period may be delayed for 1 to 2 weeks after taking the pill due to hormonal imbalance and associated mental stress.

Hope, I have answered your query. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health and practice safe sex in future.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Took morning after pill the next day. Will I get pregnant? 7 minutes later
Ok thank you so much i was worried as mt partner come inside me many times does that have an effect

Answered by Dr. S Patra 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
NO EFFECT. YOU WILL GET SAME PROTECTION.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for follow up query.

As you took morning after pill within first 24 hrs of unprotected sex, then chance of pregnancy is quite low and it does not depend on the number of ejaculation inside vagina. It will give same protection.

Next thing, you have to wait for next coming period and if it is delayed more than 1 week from due date, you must undergo one home pregnancy test to clear doubts and exclude least possible chances.

Hope, it helps for you. If you don't have any other query, you can close the discussion.

Good luck. All the best.

Dr Soumen

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Took morning after pill the next day. Will I get pregnant? 12 hours later
Ok thanks i have one more question is it more likley to get pregnant before your due on

Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
PMS MOSTLY RESEMBLES WITH GET PREGNANT.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for query.

Pregnancy like symptoms or feeling like get pregnant before period due date may be associated with Premenstrual Syndrome (in most cases). Hormonal imbalance, mental stress, pill side effects are other reasons.

You must undergo one home pregnancy test after one week of missed period to exclude possibility of pregnancy.

Hope, I have clarified the things and answered your query.

Dr Soumen