Had unprotected sex. Took ipill. Missing periods. Having abdominal periods. Pregnancy test negative. Worisome

Question
I am a 24 year old lady. I had unprotected sex 2days after my period stopped on 22nd August. He didn't cum. he was just rubbing himself against me (no penetration) but just to avoid anything out of pre-cum i had i-pill in next 36hours. after 6 days i had withdrawal bleeding for 3 days (till 2nd September). My due date for periods was supposed to be 17th Sept. Its Oct 8 today and I am still not having my periods. I can see a very sticky thick thing coming out everyday since past 15-20 days and having little abdominal pain. I did a home pregnancy test 2 days back and it was negative. I feel my lower portion very strange these days, kind of heavy sligthly bulging and not pleasant feeling all day long (i dont know whether is it due to stress since 1month or a side-effect or something else). Could i really be pregnant? is it a normal for such delay? I am undergoing a depression also these days due to this stress. Please help me doctor. When can i expect next periods?
Posted Mon, 29 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 13 minutes later
Hello

Welcome and thanks for writing to us

As you had an emergency pill after unprotected intercourse which can be the cause of an early withdrawal bleeding in the month of September.The delayed period in this month can be due to stress or anemia.Chances of pregnancy are minimal if you have not had any sexual contact after that.Heaviness and discharge can be due to pelvic inflammatory disease.Take antibiotics under doctor's guidance and get investigations done like haemoglobin , CBC and an ultrasound scan.
There is nothing to worry about , just relax , take good diet and rest , the periods will become regular.
Best wishes

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Took ipill. Missing periods. Having abdominal periods. Pregnancy test negative. Worisome 36 minutes later
Thanks much doctor. Is it really necessary to take antibiotics? or should i keep cool and wait for a week more before visiting doctor here? as i am a little weak and do not want to take any heavy doses of medicines unless absolutely necessary.

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 7 minutes later
Hello

Welcome once again

Yes you can avoid them till you visit your doctor , it is always better to start the medicine under doctor's guidance and prescription.

Best wishes and take care

Follow-up: Had unprotected sex. Took ipill. Missing periods. Having abdominal periods. Pregnancy test negative. Worisome 46 hours later
Thank you so much doctor. Ur advice was really helpful. it did give me some sort of support to my tensed feeling. Looks like i have got my periods now.

Thank you so much for your quick response to my query.. it was of great relief. :)

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 20 minutes later
Hello

Dear ,

I am happy to see your reply.

You are welcome , take care